1. DFWA, “International Airport Environmental awareness
guidance document for natural gas drilling and exploration,”
2009 ( http://www.dfwairport.com/cs/groups/public/docu-
2. DFWA, “Dallas/Ft. Worth International Airport construction and fire prevention standards, resolutions and amendments to the codes,” 2011 ( http://www.dfwairport.com/cs/
3. Faughtenberry, J., Fissel, B., and Hutson, A.C., “
Directional drilling at the world’s third largest airport,” White paper,
2008, 11 pages.
4. Frohlich, C., Potter, E., Hayward, C., and Stump, B.,
“Dallas-Fort Worth earthquakes coincident with activity associated with natural gas production,” The Leading Edge, March
2010, pp. 270-275.
5. Shipley, K.A., “Chesapeake Energy drilling rig electricity
project at Dallas/Fort Worth Airport,” American Association of
Drilling Engineers, AADE 2009NTCE-01-01, technical paper,
2009, pp. 1-3.
6. DFWA, “Dallas/Ft. Worth International Airport and
Our Safety Services
Are a Breed Apart
Our third-party safety services provide
the safety manpower and methods
to help you drive your safety culture
and program during turnarounds,
shutdowns and projects when your
safety team is stretched thin. Our clients
tell us our services consistently save
them time and money.
Contact us now to learn more about
our reliable breed of safety.
Bridging the Gap Between Safety and Productivity
E-mail: email@example.com • www.certifiedsafety.net
League City, Texas • Benicia, California • Whiting, Indiana
Chesapeake Energy Corporation Celebrate Completion of
Record-Setting $185 Million Lease,” 2006 (http://www.
7. DFWA, “Fiscal Year 2012 comprehensive financial
report, 2013 ( https://www.dfwairport.com/cs/groups/public/
8. Weijermars, R., and Watson, S., “Unconventional
Natural Gas Business: TSR Benchmark and Recommendations for Prudent Management of Shareholder Value,” SPE
154056, SPE Economics & Management, Vol. 3, No. 4, 2011,
9. Weijermars, R., and Van der Linden, J., “Assessing the
Economic Margins of Sweet Spots in Shale Gas Plays,” First
Break, Vol. 30, No. 12, December 2012, pp. 99-106.
10. Berman, A.E., “Lessons from the Barnett Shale imply
caution in other shale plays,” World Oil, Vol. 230, No. 8,
2009, p. 17.
11. Berman, A.E., “ExxonMobil’s Acquisition of XTO En-
ergy: The Fallacy of the Manufacturing Model in Shale Plays,”
The Oil Drum, 2010 ( http://www.theoildrum.com/node/6229).
12. Weijermars, R., “Global Shale Gas Development Risk:
Conditional on shale profits beating the time-value of money,”
First Break, Vol. 31, No. 1, January 2013, pp. 39-48.
Gentry, J., “Natural gas wells: assessing the risk,” (http://
Weijermars, R., “Credit Ratings and Cash Flow Analysis of
Oil & Gas companies: Competitive disadvantage in financing
costs for smaller companies in tight capital markets,” SPE
144489-PA, SPE Economics & Management, Vol. 3, No. 2,
pp. 54-67, 2011 ( http://dx.doi.org/10.2118/144489-PA).
Weijermars, R., “Jumps in proved unconventional gas re-
serves present challenges to reserves auditing,” SPE 160927-
PA, SPE Economics & Management, Vol. 4, No. 3, 2012, pp.
Ruud Weijermars ( firstname.lastname@example.org)
conducts original research in energy strategy,
petroleum economics, and geomechanics—
integration of these disciplines is required to
optimize fossil fuel recovery. He is associate professor at Delft University of Technology, where
he heads the Unconventional Gas Research
Initiative (UGRI; http://ugri.tudelft.nl/) and a consulting research
associate of the Bureau of Economic Geology, University of
Texas at Austin. He is principal partner at Alboran Energy Strategy Consultants ( http://alboran.com) and editor-in-chief of Energy Strategy Reviews, a scholarly journal published by Elsevier